Our client delivers onsite maintenance services at all the retail clients’ kitchens. The retailer has a comprehensive maintenance management process in place, and our client needs to deliver its maintenance services in support of the process. On Key was used to make it possible.
Our client (an OEM) is one of Africa’s leading suppliers of technologically advanced baking, food service and packaging solutions. The company designs, manufactures, installs and services equipment for all aspects of the baking industry. Their primary market is
industrial kitchens and kitchens in retail stores.
As part of their drive for service excellence, they need to deliver onsite maintenance services at all the retail stores’ kitchens. Most large retailers have a comprehensive maintenance management process in place, and our client needs to deliver its maintenance services in support of the process.
With On Key’s strong presence in the retail sector, a unique opportunity presented itself, where our client’s process can be deeply integrated into the maintenance process of one of Africa’s largest retailers.
- The time it takes for a retailer to identify and communicate a service request for our client to action
- The status and timing of maintenance activities needed to be manually communicated between our client and the retailer
- Lots of effort spent on ensuring all stakeholders are informed and updated on progress
The system to system integration between the OEM and Retailer’s work management systems has freed up time of supporting personnel, which can now be used on value adding activities.
~ Maintenance Manager
- Both the client and the retailer use the On Key enterprise asset management system which provided a familiar foundation to develop a solution for our client.
- On Key’s workflow is based on intrinsic processes that caused similar maintenance management processes at both the OEM and the retailer.
- The team, therefore, had an easy job to analyse and design an integrated workflow process between the two parties.
- The system-to-system integration was developed using On Key Integrate.
- Included in the integration service is a continuous monitoring service to ensure data accuracy between the two systems.
- There is a quicker response to service requests logged by retailer
- Approximately three man-days per month has been reduced in administration
- All stakeholders are informed and updated at all time, reducing the risk for miscommunication
Tools and Technology
- On Key EAMS
- On Key Integrate