Our client required a single asset management standard and centralised system to manage the group’s asset management practices and reporting. Specific reports were developed for executives, managers and operational teams.
Our client is one of the leading food producers in Southern Africa, manufacturing and distributing a wide range of branded and private food labels. They started as a small family-owned flour mill and later expanded and diversified as follows:
- They acquired an animal feeds mill and became the leading manufacturing brand of animal feeds
- Their chicken farm is one of the biggest processors in Africa
- Their sugar milling operation is one of the biggest in South Africa, supplying a third of the country’s total sugar
- They bought a logistics company to streamline, control and optimise their outbound supply chain.
Our client did a study to identify if there was any physical asset management standard for the group to follow. Within the diverse businesses, no existing standard could be found. Some of the businesses used different versions and databases of the On Key system. This resulted in a lack of control over the data and no uniform reporting structure. A degree of improved control was introduced using Excel sheets and a BI reporting tool. Data accuracy and timeous data still remained a challenge.
“Our client now has a single version of the truth and can view and report on the same data throughout the whole group.”
- Pragma was commissioned to introduce On Key, a centralised EAMS. A single database with multisite configuration was introduced which enabled uniform reporting of all the businesses.
- Pragma was tasked to develop standard KPI reports/modules in the dynamic reporting tool hosted in the On Key system. Permissions were configured to restrict the Analytics users from viewing different sites’ information not related to them. Central/head office users had access to information across multiple sites.
- The Analytics reporting modules were developed to provide information in three sections:
− Executive – dashboard view for quick analysis (group-level view)
− Managerial – drill down ability with the decision-making properties of medium to long term (site-specific view)
− Operational – drill down ability to look at quick wins and fast decision making (site-specific view).
- Standardised process across the different businesses
- Uniform reporting
- One EAM system data collection for reporting
- On-time and uniform data collection
- Audit findings reduced
- Reports can be viewed anywhere in the world.
Tools and Technology
- On Key Enterprise Asset Management System
- On Key Analytics